Stacking

• 7 Replies

pixavi

• View Profile
Stacking
« on: March 26, 2016, 04:42:10 AM »
Hi, I just received my kit today, thank you!!

I imagine that this is the first of many questions to come. I noticed when I first connected to it and moved around the CLI that there is are stacking properties in show config (runnig version 0.57).

Does it support stacking or do you plan to add stacking support?

I would be great for setup srequiring more than 4 ports per system.

Thank you!!

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
Re: Stacking
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 08:24:56 PM »
We are looking at building a stacking adaptor in the next month or so which will allow you to connect 2 Zodiacs together and create an 8 port switch. The config setting that is in the current firmware was for testing the SPI connector before releasing the hardware so it really doesn't do much at this point.

Actually if you or anyone else is interested in being part of a beta program when its ready please let me know in this thread.

Regards,
Paul

pixavi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:18:03 PM »
Hi Paul,

I'm glad to help with the beta program.

I will need to buy one additional kit, so let me know with some time when it's coming so I have the second one when the beta is ready.

Oleg Sadov

• Beta Testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:01:45 PM »
It may be interesting for us (after the getting of second board, of course ;).

nexusnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 01:01:28 PM »
Hi Paul - has this stacking connector been built yet? I am interested as well.

Thanks,
Robert

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 01:41:10 PM »
We have many zodiac switches in my lab, so we'd be happy to try things out as part of a beta program ;)
~Jordan Ansell

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »
Sorry it's still on the TODO list, hopefully I'll get a chance to look at it soon.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 09:45:34 PM »
Repost from a related thread:

We have spent many months looking into using the SPI connectors on the Zodiac FX to join 2 boards together and thereby creating a single 8 port device. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the CPU is just not powerful enough and the SPI interface is not fast enough to allow a usable solution. :( The best we could manage was a couple of Mbps and even then it wasn't very reliable given everything else the CPU was trying to do. So at this point I'm going to have to park the idea for the time being, but I'm more then happy to support anyone else that may be interested in giving it a try. Just let me know and I'll share everything we have tried so far, thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Paul