• 10 Replies

saimonplis

• View Profile
Zodiac plus Flowvisor plus Floodlight experiment
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:51:59 PM »
Hello everybody,
I need an help with Zodiac FX when it interacts with flowvisor

I built this topology:

-I have Zodiac FX, connected by ethernet cable with a lan 10.0.0.0 with the IP=10.0.0.6
 Inside the switch I have set the ip controller equals to ip  of flowvisor = 10.0.0.9  that is running in a virtual machine with Virtual Box with a bridged adapter of my ethernet lan network. From flowvisor I tried to ping the switch and my host (Ubuntu ) and it works, the other    way around as well. In addition from the Zodiac web interface I can see that the status of OpenFlow controller is connected.

-On Flowvisor I added a slice fvctl -f /dev/null add-slice floodlight1 tcp:10.0.0.1:6633(Ip and port of the machine when Floodlight is running)

-On Floodlight I have changed the port equals to 6633(for OpenFlow). I tried to run Floodlight but it does not see the switch. Flowvisor sees the switch, in fact when I run fvct -f /dev/null get-config I see the switch DPID.

Anyway, I have checked the packets exchanged , and between Flowvisor and Zodiac just OF_ECHO_REQUEST and REPLY are exchanged.

Does anyone know how to figure out what is the problem?

P.S. I am attaching some pictures of floodlight log, flowvisor slices and the web interface of Zodiac
Thank you very much

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
Re: Zodiac plus Flowvisor plus Floodlight experiment
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »
In the Zodiac FX CLI go to the debug context and run the "trace" command and see what the interaction between the switch and controller is, that may give you some insight into what is going wrong.

Regards,
Paul

saimonplis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:23:53 PM »
In the Zodiac FX CLI go to the debug context and run the "trace" command and see what the interaction between the switch and controller is, that may give you some insight into what is going wrong.

Regards,
Paul

Hello, thank you for your answer.
I found that the problem is that the first packet that I send with sendto API in C has as destination IP a multicast IP address and it is not good, indeed the second time that I send the packet it has the correct destination address.
The first packet has as destination mac address: 01:00:5e:00:00:fb that is used for multicast, but I want an unicast packet. I know that is out of Zodiac discussion, but do you know how to send the unicast packet directly without having the first packet sent to multicast?

Thank you very much

saimonplis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 07:26:57 PM »
I have understood that the Zodiac FX does not match my packets because packet and byte count is always 0.
I send 802.1q packets. My rules are attached.

Ether type filter is disabled.
I have tried with rules with no ether-type specified and vlan id as well, but nothing,
BTW, when a field has a value 0000, or 0x0000 is wildcarded?

Thank you

saimonplis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 06:00:00 AM »
I have fixed those problems, but now I have checked that the field VLAN PCP does not look as  a matching field because I send different packets that have the same fields but they have different values of VLAN PCP but the flow rule that has been added the first time is matched by all packets.
I have attached my rule, I might forget something in my flow rule so you could be helpful for me :)

Thank you

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 08:55:38 AM »
Here is the code that matches the PCP values in OF 1.3: (fields->isVlanTag && (pBuffer[14]>>5) == oxm_value[0])

I'll check and make sure that it is comparing the correct bits.

Regards,
Paul

saimonplis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »
I m not able to match differents VLAN ID as well, packets with different vlan ids match the same rule

saimonplis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 06:07:46 PM »
I am attaching the wireshark file with packets, you have to filter by ip.dest=10.0.0.9 and see UDP packets maybe there is something wrong in UDP packets that  I m sending.
BTW I m using OpenFlow 1.0, maybe that is why packets are not matched?

I am taking a look of of_helper.c and the header file is include in openflow_10.c as well so I found the same instruction out.
case OXM_OF_VLAN_VID_W:
         if (fields->isVlanTag)
            {
               oxm_value16 = htons(OFPVID_PRESENT | ntohs(fields->vlanid));
            }else{
               oxm_value16 = htons(OFPVID_NONE);
            }
            oxm_value16 &= *(uint16_t*)(oxm_value+2);
            if (oxm_value16 != *(uint16_t*)oxm_value)
            {
               priority_match = -1;
            }
            break;

case OXM_OF_VLAN_PCP:
            if (!(fields->isVlanTag && (pBuffer[14]>>5) == oxm_value[0]))
            {
               priority_match = -1;
            }
break;

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »
We've identified an issue with VLAN ID matching in OpenFlow 1.0 - it'll be fixed in the next update. Expect it at the end of this week. :)

saimonplis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 12:32:35 AM »
I have already implemented the part, if you want I can send to you and you can verify if it works.
I did the same for timeouts in OF1.0.

Best regards

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 02:33:21 PM »
The v0.82 firmware is now available and should fix this issue.

Regards,
Paul