Zodiac FX and Fortinet Web Filter

• 2 Replies

dlc1993

• View Profile
Zodiac FX and Fortinet Web Filter
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:13:59 AM »
Hello,
This may sound like a silly question but I have a question about the integration of Fortinet FortiGate Web Filtering service to Zodiac FX. How would I be able to start it up or set up FortiGate to Zodiac FX with HPE Van Controller? Like basically, I want the controller to filter out certain websites when configured on FortiGate. I believe that I might also need a FortiGate Connector to connect FortiGate to my HP controller. Thank you for your time and I apologize about how blunt my question is.

cadore

• View Profile
Re: Zodiac FX and Fortinet Web Filter
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 03:11:11 AM »
Provided that you find a way to integrate your controller module with your UTM database  you will still have to develop a strategy to open the HTTPS traffic using your Openflow controller so that you can get the URL and query the database. Out of curiosity why do you need a web filter on your openflow switch if you already have an UTM solution?

dlc1993

• View Profile
Re: Zodiac FX and Fortinet Web Filter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 09:55:03 AM »
Oh I see, well mainly what I'm trying to do is to integrate an application to my controller to be able to block certain websites, like social media, to my switch to the end user. Like I get that UTM does that but mainly I'm doing this for a project and I need an application to do it so. FortiGate connector is what i found for my application.