OpenFlow 1.3 Meter Features

• 4 Replies

Terje Mjelde

• View Profile
OpenFlow 1.3 Meter Features
« on: February 03, 2017, 12:32:59 AM »
I am using ONOS as a controller, and in the latest version they have added an OFPMP_METER_FEATURES-request as a standard part of the OF 1.3 handshake. The Zodiac does not respond to this request, thus blocking the remaining part of the handshake and preventing itself from being accepted by the controller.

Could you implement a protocol handler for this message? I suppose even an empty meter_features reply would suffice - just something to get the handshake process to complete.

Terje Mjelde

• View Profile
Re: OpenFlow 1.3 Meter Features
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:38:06 PM »
Never mind  :) I implemented this myself.
Preliminary testing suggests that with this new code the OF1.3 handshake process is compliant with ONOS v1.8+.

I can send you the source code if you wish.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:04:22 PM by TerjeMjelde »

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
Hi,

We are planning on including metering in an upcoming update, so if you would like share your code we can ensure that it is compatible with ONOS.

Regards,
Paul

Terje Mjelde

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:45:39 PM »
Attached is a diff patch with the additions I've made. It is based on the "v0.72 final save" commit 41481fa on GitHub.

The new code simply responds to an OFPMP_METER_FEATURES multipart-request with an empty features message (all fields set to zero), which is apparently enough to satisfy ONOS.

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »
Thanks, we are currently working on metering at this very moment so we will make sure its compatible with ONOS.

Regards,
Paul