FX Refusing to Stay Connected

• 3 Replies

Kent-H

• View Profile
FX Refusing to Stay Connected
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:16:00 AM »
I just got a few FX switches, but they refuse to stay connected to my controller (I'm going to be using them to test this custom controller.)

Hello requests are given a hello response, and echo requests are given an echo response.  (I know these are normally required to avoid disconnecting).

Most of the time, I don't even see an echo request, just a hello (which I immediately respond to).  Then, anywhere from 0.5 - 2 seconds later, the connection is dropped and a new one is attempted.

Does the FX have more stringent requirements than this (hello & echo responses) for staying connected?  Do I need to send echo requests or something?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:44:59 AM by Kent-H »

Kent-H

• View Profile
Re: FX Refusing to Stay Connected
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 02:22:50 AM »
Update: managed to get the switch to stay connected.  For some reason, the FX requires a features_request in order to stay connected.  (It's possible that a different request would cause it to stay connected.)

Related issue: The FX doesn't seem to properly handle multiple request-replies at once.  If a features request is immediately followed by a multipart request (my current use case), the connection appears to get stuck (no tcp FIN is sent, the connection is just dropped), and the FX attempts a new tcp connection.

Kent-H

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 05:20:07 AM »

Paul Zanna

• View Profile
    • Northbound Networks
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 06:15:14 AM »
Please check if this issue has been resolved with v0.86 of the firmware.

Regards,
Paul